- Entering her 13th season as UK's head coach, Lawson has developed the Wildcat softball program into one of the nation’s best. The winningest head coach in program history, Lawson has lead UK to its first-ever Women's College World Series (2014), seven NCAA Super Regionals in the last nine seasons, and a program-best 50 wins in 2014.
- Six of the last seven seasons, Lawson has led the Wildcats to a national seed in the NCAA Tournament. The school's first-ever national seed was in 2013. Kentucky, which has made the NCAA Tournament each of the last 11 seasons, is one of just 18 schools nationally to claim that honor.
- The 2016 team finished with some of the best pitching numbers in program history, setting school records for lowest team ERA (1.71), lowest opponent batting average (.191), fewest runs allowed (130), fewest earned runs allowed (98), fewest hits allowed (280) and fewest doubles allowed (44).
- Lawson has helped UK players earn 3 NFCA All American Honors, 37 All-SEC honors and 25 SEC Player of the Week honors.
- As the pitching coach for the Wildcats, Lawson has had three different pitchers throw no-hitters against top-25 teams. In all, UK has 17 career no-hitters - all of which have come under Lawson's tenure - including two perfect games.