- Coached six pitchers and three catchers to 17 combined All-America honors
- At least one pitcher or one catcher has garnered All-Big 12 honors each year since 1998, with 71 total honors for the battery since 1997
- 32 NFCA All-Region honors have gone to OU pitchers and catchers since 1997
- Having completed her 18th season as a full-time coach, Melyssa Lombardi continues to guide the Sooner pitchers and catchers to even greater accomplishments. Lombardi was promoted to her current position of associate head coach in July 2007.
- Drawing from her playing days as a catcher for the Sooners from 1995-96, Lombardi has lent her valuable experiences in tutoring the Oklahoma catchers and pitchers. During her tenure, the Sooners have won the 2000 and 2013 National Championships and have won 14 NCAA Regional Championships in 18 postseason appearances. In addition the Sooners have claimed seven Big 12 regular season titles.
- Coached Keilani Ricketts and Michelle Gascoigne, who combined to give the Sooners one of their most dominant seasons ever in 2013. As a team, the Sooners led the country in earned run average at 1.16, the lowest by a staff since Florida’s 0.69 mark in 2009. It was also the second year in a row that OU boasted the country’s top ERA, the first time a program led in back-to- back years since 2005-06. Ricketts was named the USA Softball Player of the Year for the second year in a row, the third player in history to win multiple honors.