Jen Rocha – 2017
- Jennifer Rocha has made a name for herself as one of the top pitching instructors in the country. In her 11 seasons at Florida the Gators have:
- Won back-to-back NCAA National Championships (2014 and 2015)
- Earned a total of 7 WCWS berths
- Made 4 WCWS championship series appearances
- In 2 of the last 8 years, the Gators have turned in the top team ERA in the country, and the 2015 national championship team posted the top ERA in the SEC (1.63) for the 3rd consecutive year, a figure that ranked 4th in the nation.
- Rocha was named the 2015 NFCA Assistant Coach of the Year, the first honor of its kind received by a UF coach in program history.
- Under Rocha’s guidance, Lauren Haeger and Hannah Rogers played instrumental roles in leading Florida to back-to-back national championships:
- In 2015, Hager was the 1st Gator to win the USA National Player of the Year; the 3rd to be named the WCWS Most Outstanding Player and the 2nd to win softball’s Honda Award.
- In 2014, Rogers led the Gators to their 1st national title, and in the process became Florida’s 1st 4-time All-American.
- Rocha is a former pitcher and assistant coach at the of the University of Oklahoma. While at OU, she was a part of 6 consecutive NCAA Regional appearances, 3 Big 12 Conference titles, 2 Big 12 Tournament titles, 2 WCWS appearances and 1 national championship. She finished her playing career with a .721 winning percentage (43-17) and posted a 1.46 ERA.
“Florida pitchers always have tremendous control and Jen will outline her approach, drills, and focus areas for her pitchers from Fall through Post-Season!”– Cindy Bristow