Melyssa Lombardi – 2017
- Having completed her 19th season as a full-time coach, Melyssa Lombardi continues to guide the Sooner pitchers and catchers, and is considered one of the top pitching minds in the country.
- During her tenure, the Sooners have had outstanding success:
- Winning the 2000, 2013 and 2016 National Championships
- Winning 15 NCAA Regional Championships in 19 postseason appearancess
- Eight Big 12 regular season titles and 3 conference tournament championships (2001, 2007, 2010)
- As a member of the Sooners’ coaching staff, Lombardi has been a part of 3 NFCA National Coaching Staffs of the Year (2000, 2013 and 2016), and 9 Regional Coaching Staffs of the Year (1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016).
- A former all-conference catcher for the Sooners, Lombardi has also coached the Oklahoma battery to a combined 18 All-America honors, 34 All-Region accolades and 72 All-Big 12 honors during her time in Norman.
- Players of note Lombardi has coached to national prominence include current Sooner standout Paige Parker (named the 2016 Women’s College World Series’ Most Outstanding Player), and former greats Kelsey Stevens, Keilani Ricketts, Michelle Gascoigne, Jessica Shults, Heather Scaglione, Jennifer Stewart and numerous others.
“As a 3-time national champion, Missy will detail how she works with her pitchers to create their exceptional Mental Toughness including Fall vs Spring workouts and drills!”– Cindy Bristow